Almond and Cranberry Cream Cheese Danishes
Okay, ya’ll, let’s talk about Cream Cheese Danishes for just a moment. Who doesn’t love these delectable little delights? I mean, they are perfect just as is, but when you add another tasty element to them…watch out! These delicious little creations will go fast! The sweetness of the cream cheese, the tartness of the cranberries, crunch of the almonds and melt-in-your-mouth pastry bread is a total match made in heaven.
I hope you and your family enjoy these Almond & Cranberry Cream Cheese Danishes as much as my family and I have.
P.S. you may want to make a second batch, they will go that fast!
Prep Time (min.)
Cook Time: 30-40 min.
For the cranberry sauce:
12 oz. bag cranberries
¾ c. sugar
zest of half an orange + juice of one orange
For the Danishes:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
17.3 oz. box of puff pastry sheets
½ c. sugar
¼ tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. heavy whipping cream
1. First, set your cream cheese and puff pastries out on the counter. You want the cream cheese to be at around room temperature and the puff pastries nee to thaw out. Also, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Now, let’s work on the cranberry sauce. Toss the ingredients listed under “for the cranberry sauce” into a pan and bring to high heat. Stir regularly to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom. The cranberries will break down as they cook and it will turn into a nice sauce (around 25 to 30 min.).
3. When the sauce is done, transfer to a bowl and put it in the fridge to cool down while you work on the cream cheese mixture.
4. For the cream cheese mixture, toss the cream cheese, sugar, almond extract, and heavy whipping cream into a bowl. Mix until combined. Set aside.
5. Unfold the pastry sheets. There will be creases where it was folded in the box. This worked out nicely for me. I just cut along the creases, then cut the strips in half. That gave me a total of 12 rectangular pieces.
6. Next, take each piece, and using your knife, lightly score about 1/2-inch around the inside of each edge. This will be where you put your filling, and it will make the edges puff up around the filling. Cool huh?
7. Place each piece on a parchment paper lined baking pan. Be sure not to place them too close to each other.
8. Put around 1 tsp. of cream cheese filling in the center of each puff pastry sheet. Smooth it out so it fills the center you created.
9. Next, add your cranberry sauce, about 1/2 tsp. on top of the cream cheese. Using the tip of your knife, gently swirl it together. Doesn’t have to be perfect.
10. Pop them into the oven and cook for around 20 min or until the pastry has puffed up and turned a nice golden brown.
11. When they are done, top with sliced almonds and cran-raisins.
You may also like to read:
So…how do you make meatloaf better? You wrap it in bacon of course! As the old saying goes, everything is better with bacon, and it couldn’t be truer with these tasty little creations. These bad boys are packed full of...
Summer to me is synonymous with seafood, and this is one of my most favorite seafood dishes. The rich sauce is full of flavor and a zing of citrus which is just a perfect pairing to the buttery, lemony shrimp. I’ve had similar dishes at coastal restaurants...
Casseroles are seriously one of the easiest dishes you can make. Some casserole recipes, like this one, you have to do a little stovetop cooking before you pop it in the oven, but once it’s in the oven, you’re basically done until the oven timer...